This blog is published for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and the thousands of Muslims raised or reverts, or even non-Muslis, who might be living in areas where they are not able to experience Ramadan in a Muslim community; so we, at MWA, invite you to be a part of our community in Ramadan.

The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong) Al-Baqarah 2:185

Established in 2006, Muslimah Writers Alliance (MWA) is an internationally-based collaboration of Muslim women writers and advocates working together to counter negative and inaccurate perceptions regarding members of the Muslim community and the Islamic faith.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Hope in Ramadan: a poem by MWA's Fahmida Sultana

I hope to worship You
Day and night
Drown in remembrance
Of You

And move my soul to another
Time and Space
And lose myself there

I hope to be pleasing to You
My Lord
So You can shower Your Peace and Blessings on me

And if I die
I hope You are happy with me
And make my path to Heaven easy

I hope to fast everyday of this
Precious month
Reaping rewards in all my states
Reading and praying
Worshipping You with utmost compassion

I hope You are well pleased with me
And that my intentions are
sincere and pure

I hope to lose myself in Your words
Hoping the Qur'an will be my companion in this life and
The next
Interceding for my soul

And I hope to teach my children the Stories and the virtues of this holy month so they are forever inspired

I hope to break each fast with Your Abundant blessings
Not forgetting to pray and be ever Grateful

I hope to love You more than anything Else in this world
Only then I believe I will be a
True Believer

©Fahmida Sultana 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog administrators reserve the right to approve or disapprove posts.