This blog is published for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and the thousands of Muslims raised or reverts, or even non-Muslis, who might be living in areas where they are not able to experience Ramadan in a Muslim community; so we, at MWA, invite you to be a part of our community in Ramadan.

The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong) Al-Baqarah 2:185

Established in 2006, Muslimah Writers Alliance (MWA) is an internationally-based collaboration of Muslim women writers and advocates working together to counter negative and inaccurate perceptions regarding members of the Muslim community and the Islamic faith.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ramadan Blessings: a poem by MWA's Fahmida Sultana

Amidst the sweltering heat
Dehydrating thirst
Delicious aromas swaying in the air
Constant Chitter chatter
Children's wants and needs
Extreme exhaustion
Lack of soothing sleep
I cherish my fast from dawn till dusk
When the sunset welcomes the Adhan and the Adhan welcomes the Iftar
Knowing in my heart that Allah was watching me and protecting me throughout the day
Giving me strength from hidden sources

When the last few seconds are ticking towards Iftar I have hope that Allah will accept my fast for Him
And in return he blesses me with abundant gifts in the form of thirst quenching drinks and nourishing food
Replenishing anything that was lost
How can I not be grateful to my Creator when he blesses me when I'm fasting and continues to bless me when I'm eating?

©Fahmida Sultana 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog administrators reserve the right to approve or disapprove posts.