This blog is published for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and the thousands of Muslims raised or reverts, or even non-Muslis, who might be living in areas where they are not able to experience Ramadan in a Muslim community; so we, at MWA, invite you to be a part of our community in Ramadan.

The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong) Al-Baqarah 2:185

Established in 2006, Muslimah Writers Alliance (MWA) is an internationally-based collaboration of Muslim women writers and advocates working together to counter negative and inaccurate perceptions regarding members of the Muslim community and the Islamic faith.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Aishah's Ramadan Journal: Taraweeh Day 4

Entrance to the masjid
It suddenly occurred to me that for this time of year, the evening weather has been exceptionally pleasant. Masha'Allah. I left my flat after iftar (today I had chicken!) and headed to my favorite masjid. When the taxi dropped me at the front entrance I was immediately struck by the serenity of the scene in front of me, so, of course, I had to snap a photo. <<<

I made my way upstairs to the women's prayer hall, above the main hall where the men gather for prayer, and found a front row (the only row) seat. Through the tinted window in front of me I could see the men shoulder-to-shoulder lined up in rows, one behind the other.

Imam Ahmed tapped the microphone at his podium so everyone knew he was about to begin the Isha prayer.

Before the Isha prayer
There were a few children behind me, and although it was clear they were playing, they were also relatively quiet, subhan'Allah. Beside me to the left there was a young girl dressed in an array of festive colors, masha'Allah, she looked like a party. She greeted me and asked my name. She said her name was Shayma. Her smile was infectious. To my right was a petite little girl, she looked about maybe six. She was wrapped in a waist length hijab; her hands folded in front of her from underneath. I smiled inwardly, thinking, "masha'Allah".

We finished the Isha pray and the Imam paused for a few minutes before beginning the taraweeh prayers. Subhan'Allah, the surah's seemed to fly by tonight and we finished at 9:30PM. It was noticeable that the Imam's recitation had a little more step to it than the Isha prayer; yes, I was relieved. *smile*

There was only one time when a mother had to turn from her prayer to chastise a rambunctious child. I quietly left the masjid feeling refreshed. Al-hamdulillah.

Villa with Ramadan lighting
Noticing what appeared to be a nearly American looking neighborhood, my curiosity was peaked and I decided to slip through the gated entrance and take a walk. Of course there were a few other people enjoying the evening air, too.

I passed through the softly lit street lined with palm trees and gated villas, marveling in the feeling of familiarity. In fact, I imagined owning one of the villas in this neighborhood!

It was a really nice walk. Al-hamdulillah.

And now I'm sitting home on the sofa, laptop in my lap, writing this story.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala accept our fasting, worship and good deeds in this, Ramadan 2013.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog administrators reserve the right to approve or disapprove posts.